Better Bus Service Means Independence for Riders with All Types of Disabilities
PSTA’s buses and trolleys serve most of Pinellas County with connections into Tampa, Manatee and Pasco Counties. All PSTA buses include the following accessibility features:
- Ramps and lifts for those using a wheelchair, mobility scooter or walker
- On-board stop announcements and external route announcements for passengers with limited vision
- On-board next stop text sign for those with limited hearing
- Kneeling suspension to reduce the “step” when not using the ramp to board
- Climate-controlled for your comfort
- Google Trip Planner with GPS-based, real-time next bus information available anytime from any cell phone
- Wi-Fi on all buses so connecting bus information is free and easy to get in route
Discover the affordable and flexible transportation to increase your independence.
Learn how to use PSTA’s modern bus system. It’s easy, and PSTA offers free travel training. Call the InfoLine at 727-540-1900 to get started.
Reduced fares are available to senior citizens, Medicare cardholders and passengers with disabilities. Seniors who are 65 or older need to show the Bus Operator a PSTA-issued photo ID or a government-issued photo ID. Medicare cardholders need to show their original red, white and blue Medicare card. Passengers with disabilities need to show a PSTA-issued photo ID that can be obtained by applying for the program.
Learn more about reasonable modification under ADA.