NEW - DART is Now PSTA Access
All DART rules apply to PSTA Access, including your eligibility. Throughout the month of June 2021, PSTA will be phasing in new contractors and phasing out Care Ride for PSTA Access trips. By July 1, 2021, PSTA’s new contractors will be doing all trips for PSTA Access.
To schedule a trip, simply call: (727) 540-1888
New Eligibility Process for PSTA Access
- Anyone applying for PSTA Access service must call (727) 540-1888 to request the application.
- After calling to request it, applications will be sent to applicants by either email, mail or fax; the old application and photocopies of the new application will not be accepted.
- Please call (727) 540-1888, 5-7 business days after returning the completed application to PSTA to schedule a 30-minute mobility consultation. Mobility consultations will take place over the phone.
- After the mobility consultation and medical verification are complete, PSTA will mail out eligibility determination letters to applicants within 21 days.
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) makes it possible for people with disabilities to have better access to the community. PSTA Access eligibility process will encourage people to use regular PSTA fixed-route service whenever possible. In this way, PSTA is ensuring that PSTA Access will only be used by those who truly need the service. The eligibility process determines if a person has the ability to use the regular bus. It does not make decisions based on the type of disability you have or a specific diagnosis by a physician. Rather, it determines if you are able to do such things as travel to a bus stop, board a bus, and navigate the fixed route system. Eligibility for PSTA Access service is based on how a person's disability under ADA affects daily life activities which would prevent the use of accessible fixed-route service.
There are two categories under which a person can be eligible for PSTA Access:
Eligibility includes those persons who, because of their disability, cannot independently use a regular, accessible bus.Category 2
Eligibility pertains to situations in which a person cannot travel independently to or from a bus stop.
A client can also be given "conditional" eligibility for PSTA Access if they are able to use the regular bus under certain conditions, but not others. In this situation, eligibility for PSTA Access will be determined according to a particular set of circumstances or conditions, which pertain to a person's disability.
If you have a permanent or temporary disability and are unable to independently use the regular, wheelchair-accessible PSTA buses, call PSTA at 727-540-1888 for a PSTA Access application form.
PSTA Access trips are provided wherever regular PSTA local bus service is available. Service area is subject to change. Service is not available outside Pinellas County. PSTA Access services are available during the same days and hours as the regular bus service for any given trip request.
• PSTA fares are returning July 5, 2021. PSTA Access Paratransit: $4.50/trip; PSTA Access Mobility-on-Demand (MOD): $3.50/trip
• DART tickets and cash will still be accepted for PSTA Access Paratransit, and new tickets can be purchased by calling 727-540-1905.
ONE PHONE NUMBER FOR ALL OF YOUR TRIPS: PSTA ACCESS PARATRANSIT & PSTA ACCESS MOBILITY-ON-DEMAND (MOD): 727-540-1888.
You may call up to one (1) month before your scheduled trip to make a reservation, but no later than 5:00 p.m. the day before your trip. Telephone operators are available to take reservations between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on weekends and holidays. In order to accommodate as many clients as possible, pick-up times will be negotiated up to one hour before or after the pick-up time requested by the client. Cancellations must be made at least two hours prior to a scheduled pick-up time, or the trip will be deemed a "no show." If a passenger is not at the door, ready to board a vehicle within five minutes of the scheduled pick-up time, the trip will be deemed a "no show." PSTA Access service may be discontinued if a client establishes a pattern of regular and repeated no-shows. These regulations are in place to help PSTA serve all PSTA Access clients efficiently.