Rider Code of Conduct
For the safety and comfort of all persons, PSTA has established the following Code of Conduct for all customers on PSTA property using buses or facilities of PSTA.
The Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority (PSTA) has created a series of four videos, produced using in-house resources, to demonstrate the Rules of the Road.
The following behaviors are prohibited:
- Stay behind the yellow line at the front of the bus when the vehicle is in motion and do not distract the Bus Operator while he/she is driving.
- Open food and/or drink containers are not allowed.
- Drinking alcoholic beverages or possessing open containers of alcoholic beverages is not allowed.
- Smoking of any kind, including electronic cigarettes, is not allowed.
- Pets (non-service animals) may only be brought on the bus in a secured pet carrier.
- Carts and strollers must be folded and stored out of the aisle. Do not block walk ways.
- Shirts, pants (bottoms), and shoes must be worn on the bus.
- Headphones must be used when playing electronic devices to limit sound to the hearing of the individual user.
- Flammable liquid, or combustible or hazardous materials are not allowed.
- Panhandling, soliciting, littering, and vandalism are not allowed.
- Do not engage in disruptive, disturbing, or aggressive behavior.
- Do not engage in discourteous behavior to PSTA employees or other customers.
- Do not cross in front of the bus after exiting, or stand in front of the bus in any travel lane or parking area (except when loading/unloading bikes).
- Roller skating, roller, blading, and skate boarding are not allowed.
- Be prepared to show proper ID every time you board to pay a reduced fare.
Failure to comply with the code of conduct can lead to expulsion or trespass from all PSTA property and vehicles and/or arrest by local law enforcement.
The Code also introduces a procedure to appeal an expulsion or trespass order.
Riders requesting to appeal an expulsion or trespass order, resulting from a rules violation, are invited to send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority is the public transit provider for Pinellas County, providing more than 14.5 million rides per year. PSTA operates nearly 40 bus and trolley routes with a fleet of 203 vehicles. To learn more about the services offered by PSTA, or for schedule and fare information, passengers are invited to call the PSTA InfoLine at 727-540-1900, or visit www.psta.net. PSTA is an equal opportunity employer.